RENTAL CRITERIA FOR RESIDENCY
06/01/2017 Charlotte, NC
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and a closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
- Positive identification with government-issued photo identification and an additional identification document are required.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction shall result.
- Any individual, whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
- Additional screening fee may be required to recover additional costs such as: fee-based employment verification, out-of-county criminal record search, etc.
Monthly income must be at least two and one-half times stated rent froma verifiable, legal source within 30 days of the application.
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable employment will be required if used assource of income.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit last year’s tax returns.
- Twenty-four (24) months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third-party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Positive current and previous landlord references are required.
- Three (3) years eviction-free history is required.
- Three or more complaint in summary ejectment or "quit or pay" notices within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Three or more returned checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will be denied.
The following conditions will result in a additional security deposit or denial:
- Unpaid debt to a prior landlord;
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report;
- Three or more unpaid collections (not medical related);
Additional Security Deposit and Qualifying Co-Applicant
If applicant fails to meet any criteria related to income, credit, evictions and/or rental references, landlord may require applicant to provide additional security deposit and qualifying co-applicant.
Criminal Conviction Criteria
Upon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, landlord will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or pled guilty to or non-contest to, any crime.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony involvingserious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell) class A/Felony burglary or class A/Felony robbery; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the disposition, releaseor parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any other felony charges; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of disposition release or parole have occurred within the last seven years for: any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex-related, drug-related, (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession withintent to sell) property damage or weapons charges; or
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, where the date of dispositionrelease or parole have occurred within the last three years for: any B or C misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass I, theft, dishonesty, prostitution shall be grounds for denial of the rental application.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the process of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
NOTICE TO APPLICANT
Landlord has charged a screening fee (for Financial Responsible applicants). Landlord may obtain a consumer credit report and/or an investigative consumer report which may include the checking of the applicant's credit, income, employment, rental history, criminal court records and may include information as to his/her character, general reputation, personal characteristics, mode of living. You have the right to request additional disclosures provided under §606(b) of the fair credit reporting act, and a written summary of your rights pursuant to §609(c). You have the right to dispute the accuracy of the information provided to the owner/agent by the screening company or the credit reporting as well as complete and accurate disclosure of the nature and scope of the investigation. The screening company is: BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS | 7668 SW MOHAWK ST, TUALATIN, OR 97062 | TEL: 503-639-6000 | WWW.BIINC.COM
If the application is approved, applicant(s) will have one business day from the time of notification to either execute a rental agreement or make a deposit to hold the rental unit. If applicant fails to timely take steps required above, s/he will be deemed to have refused the unit and the next application for the unit will be processed.
I certify that the above information is correct and complete and hereby authorize the landlord and its agent to conduct a consumer credit check and make any inquiries Owner determines to be necessary to evaluate my tenancy and credit standing. I understand that giving incomplete or false information is grounds for rejection of this application or termination of my tenancy.
The Owner/Agent welcomes your comments, compliments, or complaints:
1419 SW Alder St.
Portland, OR 97205-1946